Are you a new patient? Getting Started Is Easy
We understand you might be apprehensive about your first physical therapy appointment. But from the moment you set foot in our clinic, you’ll feel like you are a part of the team. Our welcoming front office staff is happy to help you begin your path to recovery and answer any insurance, scheduling, or billing questions along the way.
Thank you for choosing Pain & Movement Solutions. We look forward to helping you find SOLUTIONS to your pain & movement problems. When you arrive for your first visit, please bring with you:
- Photo identification
- Health insurance card
- Completed registration forms
If you have difficulty with the forms, we would be happy to assist you prior to your appointment. (links below)
New Patient Registration Forms
Please print off the following packet, fill in the requested information, and bring it with you to your initial evaluation.
Click here to download the New Patient Forms Packet.
Medical Records Release
If you would like a copy of your patient records from Pain & Movement Solutions, please print the release form below, fill it out, and return it to the clinic directly or via mail, fax or e-mail. We will respond to your request for medical records within 30 days of receipt. Pain & Movement Solutions may charge a reasonable fee for the preparation of your medical records plus postage for mailing the copy to you.
Click here to download the Medical Records Release Form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I choose where I would like to receive physical therapy?
When your physician recommends physical therapy, YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE when selecting your provider. We encourage you to explore all your options, and when you do, we're confident that you'll find that Pain & Movement Solutions will exceed your expectations.
With our expert clinicians, favorable reputation in the community and ability to schedule your first visit within 24-48 hours, we believe that we're the best choice around to help you recover from an injury, surgery or chronic pain.
What should I expect during the first visit?
Your first visit will last approximately 45 minutes to one hour and will include a comprehensive evaluation and applicable treatment administered by a Doctor of Physical Therapy. Your physical therapist will review your medical history, diagnostic tests and any recent events that may have contributed to your current condition. Your evaluation will include an assessment of your current functional deficits, pain level and posture, as well as a thorough evaluation of your flexibility, strength, soft tissue health, balance and joint and spinal mobility.
Following your evaluation, your physical therapist will thoroughly explain your personalized treatment plan and expectations for recovery. Treatment will generally start the same day. There are no cookie-cutter treatment plans. Your treatment plan is personalized to your goals and input from any others included in your medical plan. Communication between the patient and physical therapist is of utmost importance, and you are an active participant in your recovery.
If you need future appointments, we will have you schedule out the necessary appointments to ensure you receive your preferred day(s) and time(s). This is done in advance to prevent gaps in care. You can always a cancel an appointment (just give us 1 business day’s notice so we can fill with other patients waiting to get in!)
When Should I Arrive?
Please arrive 15 minutes before your first scheduled appointment time in order to complete all necessary paperwork. To save time, please complete forms ahead of time, and we’ll get you started even faster.
Once you have established a plan of care with your PT, you may arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment time for subsequent appointments. You are also welcome to arrive 15-20 minutes earlier to perform your exercises and warm-up on a cardio machine if it has been approved by your PT.
What Should I Bring?
- If your insurance is covering the cost of physical therapy, bring your insurance card.
- If you are covered by Worker’s Compensation, bring your claim number and your case manager’s contact information.
- If you are covered by auto insurance or an attorney lien, please bring this information.
- List of current medications.
- Any imaging pictures or results
- We are also able to obtain any health medical records or imaging results if you do not have this information.
What should I wear?
You should wear loose-fitting clothing so you can expose the area that we will be evaluating and treating. For example, if you have a knee problem, it is best to wear or bring shorts. For a shoulder or elbow problem, a tank top is a good choice, and for low back problems, wear a loose-fitting shirt and pants, again, so we can perform a thorough examination.
We also always have shorts and gowns to utilize for our treatments, if needed.
How long will each treatment last?
Depending on your condition and individual needs, a typical treatment will last between 30 and 60 minutes.
How many visits will I need?
This is highly variable. You may need one visit, or you may need months of care. It depends on your diagnosis, the severity of your impairments, your past medical history, etc.
If you are presenting with a typical musculoskeletal condition, patients can expect to feel improvement in 2 weeks and feel our treatments are addressing your concerns. All patients are re-evaluated on a regular basis and if progress is not being made as expected, our doctors of physical therapy will refer you to the appropriate healthcare provider for further intervention, such as imaging, injections or further pain control. Our therapists work very closely with the physicians in our community to help resolve injuries and conditions collaboratively.
Will it hurt?
Your therapist will listen to your concerns regarding pain and make every attempt to keep discomfort to a minimum.
However, you may experience some soreness caused by new exercises or discomfort associated with certain hands-on techniques performed by your therapist. Every treatment and what to expect will be explained in detail and you will always be involved in your treatment plan which will be performed to your comfort levels.
Will you work with my physician?
We have strong relationships with physicians and other healthcare providers in the area, and we will make sure you can see the appropriate professional when you need to. The physician/therapist relationship is integral to help you heal effectively. Your physician will receive a detailed copy of your initial evaluation, along with other notes as you progress through rehabilitation, advancing toward your stated goals.
We Accept ALL Major Insurance Plans
Health insurance can be confusing. We are here to help!
No Referral Needed for PT
- Many insurance companies allow you to directly seek physical therapy first, without visiting a primary care physician, to allow you to feel better faster.
- If you happen to need authorization or a physician’s prescription to access your physical therapy benefits, we can assist you with this process.
Verify insurance coverage & Answer healthcare questions
- Patient benefits are verified prior to your first visit to determine insurance coverage visit limit, deductible, coinsurance or copay that will apply to your PT services.
- Based on the information provided to us, we will determine an estimate of what each visit will cost you.
- This amount will be an ESTIMATE.
- Treatment can change from visit to visit along with charges submitted by your therapist.
Focus on feeling BETTER, not the fees
We offer affordable and flexible payment options to help you get the care you need now to feel better and avoid further costs later. We’ll work with you to accommodate your individual needs.
Cash Pay Options Available
We want to make sure you get the care you need. Call today to learn about our cash pay options. Payment is due at the time of service.
You always have the choice of where you receive physical therapy
Choose Pain & Movement Solutions for the best care and outcomes
No referral is needed for the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield / Wellmark
- Motor Vehicle Insurance claims
- Worker’s Compensation Claims
- Many More…
Contact us today to see how easy and affordable it is to get started!
What is Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy uses a combination of highly skilled manual therapy techniques and specially designed exercises, rather than surgery or medication, to help patients regain or improve their physical abilities and movement. Our clinicians are experts in motion and have advanced doctorate degrees, which gives them the experience and education to provide you with the highest standard of care, backed by the latest research and treatment options.
Choosing physical therapy first lowers the cost of your care, and research has proven that physical therapy and supervised exercise can help you stay healthy and active. It’s a natural, safe, long-lasting course of treatment that helps you get back to normal activity. Physical therapy can help you avoid opioids and other medications that carry adverse risks and side effects, and it’s a great way to avoid extensive procedures like surgery or imaging tests — including X-rays, MRIs and CT scans.
What is a Physical Therapist?
Physical therapists are movement experts, committed to helping you get back to your life and doing what you love. They are trusted healthcare professionals with extensive clinical experience who can help prevent and treat conditions that both limit your daily activities and ability to move and function. Physical therapists have advanced understanding of the musculoskeletal system, how the body moves, what prevents it from moving correctly, as well as how to restore full mobility.
All our physical therapists have their clinical doctorate graduate degree from an accredited physical therapy program, and have passed both the national and appropriate state licensure examinations.
When you see a physical therapist you receive expert care — backed by decades of research, complete with current treatments and proven techniques that will get you back to doing the things you love.
Make an appointment today and take your first step toward better health.
- Cost-effective Treatment
- Improves Mobility & Relieves Pain
- Reduces need for surgery and prescription drugs
- Allows patient to participate in a recovery plan tailored to their specific needs
Pain-free movement is crucial...
...to your quality of daily life, your ability to earn a living, your ability to pursue your favorite leisure activities and so much more.
- Movement is essential to physical activity, which is necessary to prevent obesity, which is responsible for at least 18% of US adult deaths.
- Mobility is crucial for physical independence, and studies suggest that walking along can reduce risk of heart attack and stroke, hip fracture and knee arthritis, among other benefits.
- Consistent movement is vital to maintaining a healthy balance system, which can help prevent costly falls.
Avoid Surgery & Prescription Drugs
- While drugs, surgery and prescription drugs can be the best course of treatment for certain diagnoses, there is increasing evidence demonstrating that conservative treatment like physical therapy can be equally effective (and cheaper) for many conditions.
- Low back pain is routinely over-treated despite abundant evidence that physical therapy is a cost effective treatment that often avoids advanced imaging scans like MRIs that increase the cost of care and the likelihood for surgery and injections.
- PT has proven as effective as surgery for meniscal tears and knee osteoarthritis, rotator cuff tears, spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease, among other conditions.
Avoid Surgery & Prescription Drugs
- Physical therapists routinely work collaboratively with their patients.
- Treatment plans can be designed for the patient’s individual goals, challenges and needs.
- Receiving treatment by a physical therapist is rarely a passive activity, and participating in your own recovery can be empowering.
- In many cases, patients develop an ongoing relationship with their physical therapist to maintain optimum health and movement abilities across the lifespan.
Did you find your SOLUTION?
At Pain & Movement Solutions, we are inspired by the courage, hard work and determination of our patients to recover from injury, surgery and painful conditions.
Thank you for choosing Pain & Movement Solutions. Our patients make us who we are, and motivate us to provide the highest quality of care in the clinic every day. We want to hear from you! Let the world know that hard work pays off. Please take a moment to submit your personal testimonial. We appreciate your time and your valuable feedback.
Name* (Note: Full names will not be used when sharing your testimonial.)
Please submit your testimonial message:*
Check box I want my testimonial shared.
Pictures are worth a thousand words. Please submit a picture to inspire others!
Attach a file
Refer a Friend
Most individuals do not realize the vast benefits of physical therapy.
Our patients frequently report that we are much different than past PT experiences. They find our manual therapeutic approach, including joint and spinal mobilizations, instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization and other techniques, combined with specific tailored exercises to be more comprehensive and effective than past PT treatments or alternative conservative management providers.
Share your SOLUTION with a Friend! Tell them about your success or leave their information below and we will reach out to them.
Individual who may Benefit From Physical Therapy
Current Pain or Movement Problem: