Many people go to their doctor once a year for a physical. However, this physical by your primary care physician is not specifically catered to your musculoskeletal system. That’s why you need an annual physical therapy check-up.
Lack of physical activity is a contributor to all forms of disease. Do you have something limiting your ability to move?
- Have you had physical therapy before and want to ensure you’re doing your exercises correctly and everything is in working order?
- Are you getting ready to start working out or training and want to make sure your joints and muscles are in good condition?
- Are you having knee pain when you swing your golf club or going down the stairs?
Your annual PT check-up will help you address any issues in advance so you don’t have to stop your activity and come see us for physical therapy.
Annual PT Check-Up includes:
- Overall assessment of your joint mobility, spine mobility, neurological system, flexibility and strength,
- home exercise program or activity modifications, if needed
- pain management & treatment, as needed
An annual PT check-up truly is preventative maintenance for your musculoskeletal system. Your check-up is completely individualized and customized to you and your daily activities.
When should I consider getting a Physical Therapy checkup?
- Anytime you experience PAIN, discomfort or strain when doing something you love
- Any time you are about to start a fitness program or start training
- Any time you change sports
- After you have completed rehab post-surgery and are trying to resume normal activities
- After an illness or surgery that has left you on bed rest
- At the very least, yearly (to catch things before they grow into issues)
Our team are experts in movement assessment and are passionate about finding problems before they arise, or if you are limited, helping you get back to doing what you enjoy.
You don’t need a prescription from your doctor to take advantage of this service.
Note: The physical therapy check-up is a supplement to your annual physical. It is not designed to replace a visit to or an annual physical by your primary care physician, a substitute for a pre-season sports physical, or to diagnose medical conditions, but a huge part of your health.
Benefits of Annual Physical Therapy Check-Up
- Personalized Program: The physical therapist will also go through your personal health concerns and then work with you on a personalized program to address these concerns.
- Prevent Serious Health Issues: Your physical therapist can help improve your health so you have a higher potential to live longer without any serious health issues transpiring.
- Low Cost Solution to Rising Health Care Costs: It is less expensive and time consuming to prevent injuries/illness than to treat. Invest in prevention.
- Reverse the Aging Process: Studies have shown that a regular training program reverses aging at the cellular level. A physical therapist can ensure that you stay with the program and maintain the proper diet and exercise which helps to slow the aging process.
More often than not, most individuals get too busy or they are simply too tired to take care of their health. If you set up a plan with a physical therapist you will avoid some of the health problems that will develop as a result of living a fast-paced and stressful lifestyle. You will also be more likely to stick with the regimen if you have a physical therapist to guide you on a regular basis.
“Believe that you can run farther or faster. Believe that you’re young enough, old enough, strong enough, and so on to accomplish everything you want to do. Don’t let worn-out beliefs stop you from moving beyond yourself.”
- We offer more than physical therapy. We offer an innovative approach to health, fitness and continued patient care.
- At Pain & Movement Solutions we offer an integrated training focused on the need to move three-dimensionally, while providing education to clients to help improve their overall quality of lift.
- Receive personalized training programs from Doctors of Physical Therapy designed to:
- Increase Mobility
- Build Strength
- Improve Stability
- Prevent Injuries
- Create Power
- Improve Vitality
Don’t just survive, THRIVE.
Fit SOLUTIONS includes advance 1:1 training aimed at all demographics, from high school athletes and students to business professionals, senior citizens or a weekend warriors looking to take on their next big hike, hunt or bike/running competition.