From Diagnosis to Survivorship, Live Your Best Life.
Persons after stroke, disease, accident and surgery are routinely ushered into rehabilitation. It should be the same with cancer. All cancer treatments present risk for musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary and functional impairments and dysfunction.
We can help!
Most Cancer Survivors have the potential to reach 90-100% of their previous function with physical therapy.
“Cancer Rehabilitation is low risk, low cost, high value, evidence-based, reimbursed medical care all persons with cancer deserve access to.” – Lesli J. Watke, PT, DPT
Why Choose Our Program?
- Region’s only outpatient private practice with specialized Cancer rehab program
- Doctors of Physical Therapy will collaborate closely with your healthcare team to develop a holistic health approach catered specifically to your needs.
- Physical therapy will benefit you through every stage of your cancer treatments, from diagnosis to survivorship.
Cancer Rehab Benefits
- Reduce unnecessary suffering & functional loss
- Improve quality of life
Minimize Side-Effects Caused by Treatment
- Minimize & Manage Pain
- Decrease Cancer-Related Fatigue
- Address Lymphedema
- Improve Scar Tissue & Tightness
- Decrease Joint Stiffness & Muscle Tightness
- Reduce Anxiety & Depression
- No Adverse Effects Have Been Reported
- Increase Balance & Self-Awareness
- Build Strength & Endurance
- Provide Safe Reintroduction to Recreational Activities
- Improved Outcomes for Morbidity & Mortality
Treatment Phases Where Physical Therapy Can Help
- Pre- and Post-surgery
- Cancer Treatment (Chemotherapy/Radiation)
- Palliative Care